Sunday, February 9, 2020

PhD in Hockey!

On Saturday Cameron got to play his first game as goalie. It was was an 8:40 am game instead of 7:00 am which was awesome! He looked so tough in his goalie gear but it looked like a ton of work to get up and down over and over again on the ice. Cameron learned that he likes skating more rather than playing goalie. I learned a lot about myself during the game. I am not made to be a goalie mom. It was way too much pressure and I was nervous for Cameron the entire time. When the other team would come racing toward him I would physically feel pain. Good thing is Cameron didn't feel any pain and enjoyed it a lot more than I did! I am so proud of how hard he has been working at hockey. It's been 5 months of practices and games and he has had the best attitude through it all. Certainly better than mine. Last month Cameron was awarded a PhD for his team which stands for Pride, Hustle and Desire. His coaches said he is always working hard on the ice and is a good teammate. He was the first kid on the team to get it! Sorry Papa, you aren't the only one with a PhD in the family. 







No comments:

Post a Comment