Friday, January 29, 2010

My Very Own Name

This week Adelyn got a gift in the mail from our family friends the Lewises. It is a book called, My Very Own Name, and it is one of the coolest books I've ever seen. It is a personlized book all about her name. The book starts,

"On October 28, 2009, the news spread far and wide,
'Did you hear?' the creatures said. 'A baby girl has arrived.'
Animals came to see the sight. They gathered all around.
We must create a name for her that has a perfect sound."

The story goes on with different animals spelling out her name letter by letter. We've only had the book for a couple of days and we've already read it to her several times. I have a feeling this is going to be one of her favorites. It is already one of mine.

1 comment:

  1. That is an amazing book! I have to find some for my kids!

    ReplyDelete