Saturday, March 13, 2010

Wild Nights

A couple of weekends ago, on a Saturday night after putting Addy to bed, Brian and I were looking for something to watch on TV. There wasn't anything we could really agree on, shockingly he didn't want to watch Oprah and I didn't want to watch hockey. So I suggested watching American Idol, a show neither of us really love but we can both usually tolerate. As we started to watch it he said something to the effect of "if you would have told me 5 years ago that on a Saturday night I would be sitting home watching American Idol I never would have believed it." I laughed because it was both sad and true. Our lives have become considerably less glamorous ever since we had Adelyn. I am fine with the change, but our weekends just aren't what they used to be. Tonight for example, Brian is organizing the garage (for about the fifth time) and I just made my weekly grocery list, my to-do list, paid some bills and am thinking about heading to bed (it's 8:45). Not exactly the picture of a wild Saturday night, but it works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment