Sunday, July 17, 2011
Daddy's Addy
I've heard several times that the best way to deal with an issue you might be having with your child is to remember that everything is just a phase. Well, there is no question we are in the middle of a phase right now, and that phase would be, "Daddy's Girl", or better yet "Daddy can do no wrong". Adelyn has been favoring Brian in pretty much any situation you can think of for at least a few weeks. When he walks into the room she lights up, when he plays with her she laughs harder, when he reads to her she listens better, when he changes her diaper she is more cooperative, and on and on. I know that it is just a phase and we joke that he better enjoy it while he can because eventually he may not be able to do right. Part of me does think it's cute to see how infatuated she is with him, but there are times when I feel like the third wheel. Last night I took Addy upstairs to change her diaper and I swear I heard her say "Daddy, help!" Really? I guess I should just enjoy it while I can as well, the more she favors him the more he has to do. Guess who she wants to wash her hands, get her milk and carry her everywhere? Every phase has it's pros and cons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment