Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Whenever You're Ready

It's a little after 4 am and I wish I could say I was awake because I just had a baby, or I think I'm about to have a baby, but sadly neither of those are true. Still just waiting. I feel like this is an impossible task. I'm sure that it's true and it would be best for me to try and relax and enjoy this time and think happy thoughts, but that also is an impossible task. The more I try and relax, the less relaxed I become. The more patient I try to be, the less patient I feel. When you have waited this long for something, every extra minute seems like forever. I actually thought I was stubborn enough to will this child to come when I wanted to, however now I am reminded that he's in charge and he will come when he is ready, regardless of my opinion. I think this is going to be a reoccuring lesson for me and this baby is going to teach me a lot. Whenever it is that he decides to make an appearance.

2 comments:

  1. Hoping this message reaches you in a no-longer-waiting-impatiently state. I'm looking forward to hearing the news of an arrival, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just went to read my email after reading this blog, and saw the good news! Whoo!! Very happy for all of you.

    ReplyDelete