Monday, October 27, 2014

Quotes From a Soon-to-be-5-year-old

Today was Adelyn's last day as a 4 year old (sigh, tear, deep breath). I asked her to tell me what she was going to miss most about being four and she said, "my jammies, because when I'm 5 I'm going to be bigger and then my jammies won't fit me anymore."

Before bed I asked her to give me her last hug as a 4 year old and she said, "but I don't really want to give you another 4 year old hug, I've given you so many 4 year old hugs."

As I was leaving she stood up and gave me a big hug and quietly and sadly sad, "I'm really going to miss being 4 years old, but having a birthday means that you have to start being a new age and now I'm going to grow."

Then she said, "I wish I could start kindergarten now, because I'm going to be 5 years old and you have to be 5 years old to start kindergarten because those are the rules."

I think this soon-to-be-5-year-old already has it all figured out (sigh, tear, deep breath).

No comments:

Post a Comment