Monday, November 3, 2014

Happy Halloween

The kids were really excited about Halloween. Adelyn picked out her costume and decided to be Princess Ariel, not the mermaid Ariel, but the princess Ariel (this was a very important distinction for her). I decided Cameron should be a pirate (mainly because I already had the key parts of the costume on hand). It was hilarious because I'm certain he has no idea what a pirate is, but he embraced it full and learned to say, "I'm a pirate, aarrrr matey." Even more unbelievable was that he actually wore the eye patch.
The kids dressed up in their costumes for school, did some trick-or-treating from classroom to classroom and then Brian and I picked them up early and took them trick-or-treating through the businesses on Main Street and ran into lots of our friends! We were lucky because we made it out before the rain really started. We got so much candy I can't imagine what we would have ended up with had we not left early. After dinner we did a quick round with our neighbors, turns out Adelyn and Cameron were the only trick-or-treaters of the night! They got a haul and have been busy sorting the candy into groups every since which I think is by far Addy's favorite part. She even said, "we can just keep this candy until next year and then give it out for Halloween next year."
They also even have their costumes for next year decided. Addy wants to be Elsa and she wants Cameron to be Olaf. We shall see...










1 comment: