Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thankful

This year I am feeling especially grateful for all the blessings in my life. After spending a weekend with Oprah, (yes it's true!) I truly realized just how fulfilled my life is.  I can truly say knowing what matters in my life makes every day better, and I am the happiest I've been in a long time.  Here are just some of the things I've learned to truly appreciate and be thankful for.

"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough." - Oprah Winfrey

  • watching Addy & Cameron give each other "huggies and kissies"every morning at school
  • listening to Addy read Cameron stories & teach him everything she knows
  • hearing them laugh when Brian chases them
  • snuggling with Cameron before he says "go in crib now"
  • reading stories with Addy and watching her find the words she knows in the book
  • enjoying a conversation with Brian without interruption (it does happen on a rare occasion)
  • living in a home and a neighborhood that we love
  • walking into a clean kitchen or organized room after Brian has worked his magic
  • enjoying a phone call with an old friend, even if all we have is 5 minutes to talk 
  • watching my kids sing songs with everything they've got
I think this might be my favorite holiday season in a long time because I know what matters and it's not about the stuff it's about the memories and the experiences you share with those who matter to you. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment