Last week Brian and I went to the kids' school for their parent teacher conferences. I've been through enough of them now to know what to expect, but there is still something really sweet about hearing teachers give feedback on your young children. Cameron's was first and we are fortunate enough to have one of his teacher's who was also with him in the infant room. This woman has been Cameron's teacher for most of his time at the daycare. She is super sweet and you can tell she just loves Cameron. She talked about how he is very social and even though he is fairly new to the 2 year old room he is always very engaging with the other kids and is very compassionate whenever any of them are upset or are unhappy. He knows his ABC's, can count to 3 and knows most of the songs that they sing. He can recognize his name and is starting to learn a lot of the shapes, but still has work to do on his colors (he thinks everything is pink, I'm sure we can thank his big sister for that).
Next we had Addy's and there were so many priceless quotes, the first of which was "When I first met Adelyn I thought she was very quiet and docile, I quickly learned that was not the case." The teacher said that Addy is definitely the leader of the girls and that, "she gives everyone a chance to say what they want to do so they feel involved, but then just has them do whatever she wants to do." This was hilarious to us because it's exactly what she does to us. She asks us questions on what we want to play and then just tells us no and instructs us what to do. The teacher also said that her and another girl appear to be best of friends but have a major disagreement almost everyday. This also seems true because I will ask Addy who her best friend at school is and she'll say her name but followed with, "but she never lets me be Elsa so I never play with her anymore." The teacher said that sometimes she just tries to let the two girls work it out themselves and can't help but smile when she hears them talk it out. When it came to the academic part it was all good news. Addy knows all of the things she should for her age and the teacher commented she is very particular about her work (hmmm, wonder where she gets that from?) She also said that she is a leader when it comes to listening and following instructions and they often use her behavior as an example to get the other kids to listen.
All in all it was such a positive experience and we both left even more proud of our two wonderfully smart and funny children. We are so lucky!
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment