I'm back from Colorado and had a great trip and Brian and Addy had a great weekend together. Brian commented that the weekend went fine but was very glad he wasn't a single parent and after what happened yesterday I think we both agree even more with that statement.
Yesterday afternoon I got a call from Addy's daycare that she wasn't feeling well and had a slight temperature. It was close to the end of the day so Brian was already on his way to get her. When he picked her up he could tell she wasn't herself. We checked her temperature as well and couldn't get an accurate read, but it was higher than normal. We called the nurse just to be safe and she gave us some tips but said there was no reason to be too concerned. So we proceeded to have some dinner and a just a few minutes later Addy looked like she was choking on her peas. So I went over to help her and all of the sudden she threw up everywhere. It was disgusting. I was frozen for a few seconds and wasn't sure what to do, luckily Brian jumped into action and started cleaning up. I took Addy straight up to the bath while poor Brian was stuck cleaning the floor, the table and highchair.
Poor Addy was really hot and tired but she went right to sleep after the bath and slept through the night. Brian of course had the kitchen sparkling clean and got everything washed and clean. Thank God neither of us had to deal with that alone.
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Uffda. Sounds like no fun for all involved. My neatnik brother gets lots of credit in several entries in this blog for quick-acting clean-up work. Guess all the years of keeping his place clean set up good habits for dealing with baby-related messes. Get well soon, Addy!
ReplyDelete