Yesterday was a big day for Adelyn and Cameron and Brian and I couldn't be much prouder of our children. We had prepared ourselves for Saturday being a very difficult day and I'm so relieved to report it went better than we ever could have expected.
We agreed to take a day to devote to Cameron and the bottle which meant I didn't nurse him at all. I really thought it would mean a day full of screaming but I was happily proven wrong. We gave Cameron a total of 9 bottles. There were definitely some unsuccessful attempts, but by about bottle #4 he got it and he started to take the entire bottle without any fussing! We were so relived and proud. We will continue to give him bottles regularly so he doesn't regress again but I feel so much better about going back to work now that I know he will still eat while I'm away.
The other milestone was that Addy had another swimming lesson, but parents didn't get to go in so we weren't sure how it would go. Obviously I'm biased, but I think she might have been the star of the class! She did everything the teacher asked, she didn't cry, she went underwater, she jumped in, she even floated on her back. Most importantly she had fun! Turns out the lessons were worth it after all and she can't wait for next week. Neither can we.
Sunday, February 24, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment