I know I'm probably starting to sound like a broken record, but I can't believe it's already been four weeks since Adelyn was born. So much has changed already & I keep learning new things every day. In the past four weeks these are just some of the things that have changed for me.
I used to need a good 8 hours of sleep a night, now if I can get 2-3 straight hours of sleep at a time I think of that as a success.
I can now eat anything with just one hand & if you thought I was a fast eater before you should see me now.
Laundry went from a once a week chore to a once a day chore.
I find myself rocking and swaying back and forth, even when I'm not holding Adelyn.
I cry at any story about children, whether it's sad or not.
I feel a connection with all other parents.
I've learned there is no such thing as too many burp cloths.
I used to wonder what I would do being home all day, but now I've learned that a cycle of feed, change, sleep & repeat can easily take up your entire day.
And just when I think I can't do something or that I'm too tired for this, Adelyn will give me a look or a smile that makes me realize there is nothing I can't do.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment