Friday, November 20, 2009

Diaper Duty

Since he is at work during the day, Brian is very good at doing his share of the diaper duty when he is home. Last night he was upstairs changing Addy's diaper when I heard him in a slightly panicked voice call for me to come help him. I walked into the room and couldn't help but laughing at the scene I was witnessing. Brian was holding Addy's legs which were covered in poop, as were his hands, the changing pad and the wall. Yes, there was poop running down the wall. I stepped in to help & Brian wiped everything down. Just as he picked up Addy to lay her back down on the just cleaned pad, she peed all over him. I couldn't help but run down to get my camera. Here was the aftermath of that particular diaper change. I laughed and laughed and thought it was hilarious, until the same thing happened to me this morning at 2 am. Suddenly I didn't see the same humor in it.
Adelyn definitely has a knack for knowing right when to let it go. We have a cloth diaper service & have run out of diapers every week so far. I've now increased it to 90 diapers a week, we'll see if that's enough to keep up with this girl & her diaper duties.



2 comments:

  1. The look on her face is awesome! She's going to be needing fewer diapers any day now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this picture of addy is priceliss... like what momma, i didn't do it!!

    ReplyDelete