Thursday, November 19, 2009

Grandma Barb

It was seven years ago today that my mom passed away from cancer. I find myself thinking about my mom even more during this time of the year, especially with the holidays. I would say this year I am thinking of her more than ever, but with a new appreciation of who she was. Now that I am a mom, I appreciate all mothers even more & I realize what a truly exceptional woman my mother was. I am very sad that Adelyn will never meet her Grandma Barb, but I know that she will always know what an incredible woman she was. There will never be any question about how much Grandma Barb loves her. I feel lucky that both Adelyn and I have an angel looking down on us & I know that is why my life has been filled with so many wonderful blessings.

When my niece Sydney was born, my mom wrote her a letter & so when Adelyn was born my Dad wrote her a letter. Here is just a piece of that letter.
"Another story I have to tell you is about your grandmother, Barbara. You won't ever meet her but you'll get to know her just the same. Oh, the stories we tell about her! Some are sad, some are funny, but all are loving. She would have loved you very much, so I guess I'll just have to love you twice as much to make up for her not being here."

I think Addy will miss out on some things by not having her Grandma Barb around but I know that love will never be one of them.

1 comment:

  1. megs,

    i was thinking that today was the day that your mom passed away, and was trying to find an old email - maybe from back when you and brian first were engaged to confirm... but i must have been catching your thoughts.

    each time i see your pictures and read about how you guys are doing i think about how much peace you must be bringing to your mom. amazing. adelyn definitely met her grandma barb on day one through her fantastic mom! she is a lucky little lady.

    love you,
    jess

    ReplyDelete