Tuesday, April 6, 2010

How in the World?

I have been told that the position someone sleeps in as a child is how they sleep as an adult. If that is true, I really feel bad for Adelyn. She has the absolute worst sleeping position I've ever seen, but it is definitely the secret to a good nights sleep for her. First she turns her head as far as it can go to the left and then tips it up and back which causes her shoulder to lift up off the bed. It looks like she is trying to look over her shoulder while sleeping. When she is in this position you can fit your entire fist underneath her shoulder, that's how far off the mattress she is. When Brian or I try and tilt her head to a more neutral position it instantly springs back to this position. Sometimes if she is having trouble falling asleep, its not until she achieves this position that she can finally drift to off to sleep. I have no idea how in the world she finds this position comfortable or soothing, but apparently she does. My neck gets sore just looking at her sleep that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment