Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Auntie Heather and Uncle Andrew

Just a quick update to say, that my transition back to work has been fairly smooth.  All in all it's been a success, however it has certainly been anything but a normal week. In addition to it being my first week back at work, we had Brian's sister Heather and her husband Andrew visiting us from Illinois. Brian was off from work and helped play tour guide as well as taking care of Cameron as he doesn't start daycare until next week. The transition to the bottle hasn't been 100% successful, but we make progress each day and I think Cameron is adjusting.
We had a great time hosting Heather and Andrew and it was so fun to see the kids interact with them. Addy had a great time with both of them and it was a joy to see her share with them her funny stories, games and habits. We had a great day taking the ferry and exploring a new town with the kids. Heather and Andrew are the first of the aunts and uncles to meet Cameron so that was fun. Addy was trying to remember Heather's "other name" and I thought she meant her middle name, but she meant "auntie." Here are photos from the ferry ride, Addy teaching Andrew her version of Blokus, and our wonderful crab dinner which was officially my favorite ever. Not only because the food was delicious but because I didn't have to prepare any of it. Thank you for Heather for doing all of the cooking and Andrew for doing all of the cleaning. If I came home from work every night to that, I'd never complain!









No comments:

Post a Comment