Over the last several days, Adelyn has become a little bit more fussy than normal. Her cries have become more intense and sometimes she cries so hard it sounds like she is being tortured (I swear she is not!). Needless to say, it is extremely hard to hear her cry like that & it just breaks my heart. Luckily she is able to be calmed fairly quickly & doesn't cry for more than just a couple minutes like that. Last night I went to bed & Adelyn was still up with Brian. Usually I am able to fall asleep very quickly, but this time all I could hear was her crying. The screams seemed to be getting louder and louder and after several minutes I just had to check in to make sure she was ok. There was no way I could fall asleep with her crying like that. I walked into her room and Brian was standing over her in the crib. I asked if everything was ok and if he needed my help to make her stop crying. He looked at me like I was crazy and said, "she's not crying, she's almost asleep."
I said, "but she has been crying right?"
"No, she hasn't been crying at all."
"So those screams I heard were all in my head?"
Brian very calmly and sweetly smiled and said, "go to bed Megan, you need to sleep."
This is normal right, or should I be worried?
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
totally normal!! the first 2 months at least, every where you go all you hear is your baby crying. i would wake in the middle of the night thinking i heard kenz crying... i too was crazy and she was sleeping away! you're not alone and not even earplugs will keep you from thinking you're hearing your baby! hope you got sleep! - shay
ReplyDelete