Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Baby Book

While on the subject of baby books, I thought I would share a story about my own baby book. When my Dad came to visit after Addy was born, he brought my book with him. Just seeing the book made me laugh because there were cards and photos falling out at every page. Entire pages were left blank and nothing was really in any sort of order. It definitely looked like the baby book of a third child. I thought while I was on maternity leave I would have time to go through it and put it in some sort of order, but I never did. However, I did find a letter that my mom had written to my Dad's mom, just 6 days after I was born. It was so special to read a letter that my mom wrote right after having me and to get an idea of what she was going through. She wrote that the nurses warned her that I had a temper to match my hair and that I was like Tad in that I didn't sleep much. There also was a letter from Tad that he had written to my Grandma & Grandpa the day I was born. He said that Keri was very happy that I was a girl, but he was not. According to him, the only good thing about me being a girl was that he wouldn't have to share a room. My mom sent the letters to my Grandma and asked her to save them so she could put them in my baby book someday. Even though my baby book may not be quite complete, I do love the special things that it does have. It makes me want to make Adelyn's book the best that I can so she can enjoy it someday too.

No comments:

Post a Comment