I pulled out the book this weekend to fill in a few things and remembered that I still hadn't done her footprints or fingerprints. So I got out the ink pad and attempted to capture her little prints on paper. I started with her feet and was surprised at how easily I was able to get them. She cooperated very well and I managed to finish them without a complete mess. Then it was onto her hands. Adelyn is always making little fists with her hands so it was definitely a challenge getting her to lay her fingers straight onto the ink pad and not put them directly into her mouth. Again, she was fairly cooperative and I was able to get pretty good prints after only 2 attempts. The challenge came when I tried getting the ink off of her hands. Even after scrubbing her hands, soaking them and giving her a bath, two days later I can still see the "washable" ink under her nails. It looks like she has been playing in dirt. Oh well, its just a sign of things to come I'm sure.
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Fingerprints
Before Adelyn was even born, I started filling out her baby book and I continue to pull it out every couple of weeks. I want to make sure I fill things out while I can still remember them. My sister got me a great book with pages relating to special stages and milestones, it's easy to fill out and it doesn't require me to come up with too much on my own. I can't tell you how many scrapbooks I have started only to abandon a few pages into them. Unlike my sister, I'm just not cut out for scrapbooking so this book is just perfect.
I pulled out the book this weekend to fill in a few things and remembered that I still hadn't done her footprints or fingerprints. So I got out the ink pad and attempted to capture her little prints on paper. I started with her feet and was surprised at how easily I was able to get them. She cooperated very well and I managed to finish them without a complete mess. Then it was onto her hands. Adelyn is always making little fists with her hands so it was definitely a challenge getting her to lay her fingers straight onto the ink pad and not put them directly into her mouth. Again, she was fairly cooperative and I was able to get pretty good prints after only 2 attempts. The challenge came when I tried getting the ink off of her hands. Even after scrubbing her hands, soaking them and giving her a bath, two days later I can still see the "washable" ink under her nails. It looks like she has been playing in dirt. Oh well, its just a sign of things to come I'm sure.
I pulled out the book this weekend to fill in a few things and remembered that I still hadn't done her footprints or fingerprints. So I got out the ink pad and attempted to capture her little prints on paper. I started with her feet and was surprised at how easily I was able to get them. She cooperated very well and I managed to finish them without a complete mess. Then it was onto her hands. Adelyn is always making little fists with her hands so it was definitely a challenge getting her to lay her fingers straight onto the ink pad and not put them directly into her mouth. Again, she was fairly cooperative and I was able to get pretty good prints after only 2 attempts. The challenge came when I tried getting the ink off of her hands. Even after scrubbing her hands, soaking them and giving her a bath, two days later I can still see the "washable" ink under her nails. It looks like she has been playing in dirt. Oh well, its just a sign of things to come I'm sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Those are perfect! You are so on top of things!
ReplyDelete